Those of you that know Bret well probably already appreciate his ‘talent’ (we’ll call it) of making up the most random games on the fly. He's also really good at getting people psyched about playing these games. This is both a good and bad talent in my opinion. It’s good because he can turn the most ordinary, boring objects and/or situations into something that's pretty entertaining. It’s bad because this usually happens when he’s with his guy friends and girls are typically not involved (the reason most likely being that girls lose interest in these games a lot quicker, but whatever). It's also bad because these games tend to last a very long time. Last weekend we went up to a cabin with some friends and Bret’s games were taken to a whole new level.Nevermind that we brought plenty of entertainment with us including board games, a wii system and several movies to choose from. No, they decided to play these games.
Game #1: How far can you let out a measuring tape before it snaps? ( I know this game isn’t new but they took it way too seriously)

Game #2: Throw the hacky-sacks into the sombrero (which was really a chip and dip bowl) with the middle hole as the jackpot. This initial game led to several variations and elaborations that kept the boys up through the wee hours of the morning, but I was far beyond wanting to document it at that point. They also had a game of how "how high can you build a structure made of firewood without it falling?" earlier but I didn’t get any shots of that.

Game #2: Throw the hacky-sacks into the sombrero (which was really a chip and dip bowl) with the middle hole as the jackpot. This initial game led to several variations and elaborations that kept the boys up through the wee hours of the morning, but I was far beyond wanting to document it at that point. They also had a game of how "how high can you build a structure made of firewood without it falling?" earlier but I didn’t get any shots of that.



In truth this isn’t all we did at the cabin. We had an incredible BBQ, made delicious smores and had some quality time in the hot tub. Good times for certain. Thanks friends.




4 comments:
When I get married I want to hang out with you guys cuz it sounds like a lot of fun! I love hanging out with people who make up games, it's creative and entertaining! Anyway, do you like it how I am your creepy blog-stalker? We had one class together in college, so it's not that creepy, ok?
I am glad to know that I am not alone! When I was engaged to Trent they would play a game where they would throw a ball (made out of tape) at the lightswitch to see if they could turn it off. It would last forever!
Thanks for the great night, Lar! Love you!
Post a Comment