Most expecting parents probably have their baby's nursery ready when they're about 8 months pregnant or so - Ethan's is finally complete at almost 8 months old. In my defense, most of his stuff was half way across the world up until a couple months ago. Despite the tardiness, it's been really fun putting it all together at last and I'm sure Ethan appreciates no longer sleeping in a pack-n-play. We didn't have control of the wall paint color, which isn't horrible, but not what I would have picked. Other than that, I'm pleased with the way it came together, especially because a lot of the items in it are either homemade (like the bedding) or tweaked with paint or whatever to make it our own. And let's not forget Ikea. Blessed, blessed Ikea. I've posted a few photos if you're interested, but I'm sure this is more for myself than anything. Not having a full-time job anymore, I've missed having lots of projects to work on and be proud of when they're finished (other than child-rearing of course). So thanks for humoring me....
The room kind of revolves around the fabrics I picked out when I was expecting, which my amazing sister turned into this adorable quilt (she also made a pennant banner with the leftover fabric). It has a wild animal motif and a really great shade of orange, so we used those two things as themes throughout the room.









One of my favorite things in the room is this mobile. It was one of those items I kept coming back to the store to look at and finally jumped on when it went on sale. I bought it fully aware that I was more excited about it than a color/pattern-loving baby would be, but turns out he actually loves it, too!
Another one of my favorite things is this print of a boy encountering a giraffe by local illustrator extraordinaire, Sarah Jane. I've been coveting it ever since I found out I was having a boy and finally got it a couple weeks ago at Bijou Market. Love it.
Remember our little elephant friend? He made it back from South America, too.
So there you go, hope you enjoyed it. And if you didn't, well, we don't want to hear about it.
16 comments:
It's perfect. I love your style. Oh, and yes, I totally have followed Mila's Daydreams. I probably should have written that the idea was from there, but I've seen so many things like that now and so many other people do stuff like it that I didn't think I was all that innovative; I figured most everyone had already seen something like it somewhere! Anyway, I love Ethan's room a lot. I love wild animals.
Adorable!!! Did you make the pillow on the chair. If so where did you find that fabric? I love it,
yeah... lucy's 21 months old, and i still haven't done hers! i feel motivated after seeing this, though.
Umm- yeah. Samuel is more than 9 months old and his isn't done. And he sleeps in a closet so you wouldn't think it would be that hard since there is hardly anything to decorate! I got two Sarah Jane prints at Bijou- I was so excited she was there!
Ethan's room looks so cute- I'm so impressed with it! I love the bunting and the alligator!
I might just have to higher you once I get around to decorating a baby room! So adorable! love the orange
I just absolutely love it Loo....!
So cute!! What a fun project! Love it. I want to have a kid just so I can decorate the nursery. I guess maybe I should get a husband first.... ;)
That room is ADORABLE! You have such great taste. I love it. I also love your "best of the worst" post.
cutest. i love the colors you chose and pretty much everything else too.
So darling lar!! Love the pillow and photo additions!
You and Bret are such a great team! Love Ethan's raspberry at the end! Love you too!
So adorable! Those are the same colors I have in Colt's room ... I love orange for a baby boy.
Laura I LOVE how it turned out! This is exactly the style I have in mind for our boys nursery one day. It is absolutely darling (and so it Ethan:)
So....when we have kids will you come interior design a nursery for us??? This is beautiful! Hope you guys are doing well
XO
Adorable! The whole thing is so cute! Dont be surprised when I finally get around to posting about Will's room and it looks crazy similar! I haven't finished everything just yet either, it takes forever huh?
I have the same Sarah Jane print, a similar crib and i made a pendant banner too. so obviously I love your styler/taste.
Just so you know, I continually check your blog because I am so entertained by your posts and simultaneously sad that you are not still in Seattle. And Sarah Jane was in the dorms with me, love her! And, Stephmodo (from your fun blogs bar) is in our ward now, fun times!
Post a Comment