Monday, March 1, 2010

big news

Just when you thought our lives couldn't get any crazier, we go and pull a stunt like this....

That's right folks, Bret and I are having a child. Not sure what the gender is yet but we expect baby Miller to join the human race the first week of September- perhaps even Labor Day, we'll see. As excited as we were over the prospect of giving the baby duel American and Brazilian citizenship, it just made more sense insurance wise to return to the US for the birth (me, a little earlier than Bret) before it joins us on our Brazilian adventure. I hope that means many of you will get to meet him/her! And we'll be sure to visit often.

As a matter of proof, let me just say this: As soon as the ultrasound technician brought up the image of our child, it immediately gave a giant, full body kick. A "Yes Kick" if you will.

"Yep, that's our definitely our kid."

30 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! This will just add another fun spin to your adventure!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOHOOOO! So excited for you guys. Congratulations!

Allison said...

Yeah! Congrats!

Michelle Pearson said...

I am soooo excited for you! you are going to be the cutest prego girl ever! Congrats Laura!

Natalie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s i am free for lunch anyday but Wednesday this week. Let me know if you still wanna go.

brooklyn Norton said...

MINI GUAPO HERE WE COME!!!! that's super excited laura! congrats!

Jordan and Candice said...

We can't wait for baby Miller!

Lisa and Mark said...

surprise!! that is so awesome, guys!

Ashley Clark said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so surprised and yet so excited. Congratulations!!

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

Congrats Lu! You are going to LOVE being a mom!

Catherine said...

Such happy news! This is wonderful! Lots of love!

Brooke and Matt: said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Our little ones will be close in age :)

Lisa said...

Oh Laura!! Congratulations!!!

Catherine said...

Another cousin. Let's see that makes me the oldest of how many cousins on both sides? Kidding. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Cara said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Jon and Ashley Lefrandt said...

Your swimmers work! Good work behlf! I am so excited for you both...

Emily said...

Congratulations!! That's such exciting news. What an adventure! I'm sure your baby is going to love the duel citizenship!

Megan & Matt said...

So, so, so happy for you guys! We love you!

April said...

Wow Laura, congratulations! Whatever sex it has, it will no doubt be a cute child.

Mindy said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. Baby Miller 2010!

Brittney said...

Yay!! That's SO exciting. Kids are the best! I can't wait for you.

maddie said...

yay! congrats laura.

Jared and Reini said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! You are going to be a wonderful mother!

Emily said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

SJ said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!!

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

CONGRATS! We are SO happy for you guys. Miss you!

Heather Irving said...

Congrats Laura! I am so thrilled for you guys!!

Shaylee said...

Congratulations! That is the best news ever!

Monica said...

Ohhhh! How cool is it that this child can say they spent their young years in another country! Congrats.

Nana Shanna said...

I'm so excited that you and Bret are having a "Human Infant!"

Love you!
Mom Miller